My Mission

Welcome to my blog. While I am likely to spout off just about anything that comes to mind I should tell you the real purpose of my writing here. I am refocusing on myself and my body. I intend to eat better (and less) and to exercise consistantly. So if I'm not working out or if I eat crap- yell at me, encourage me. I promise to be honest on here.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Team

I have found that a support team is necessary to accomplish anything. I can rationalize to myself and make eating a box of Girl Scout cookies a good idea. But there is no way that someone else would see that same "snack" as acceptable. So I have come the decision that I must be accountable to someone. I know that every diet book or nutritionist will tell you that but apparently I had to learn it on my own.

So, here is my support team. My Mom- has been there and understands my struggles. My husband- he is loving, encouraging and supportive. My friend Tara- threatens to post on my blog if I eat cake ! She is also helpful at encouraging me not to eat for reasons other than sustenance and is always on call for a chat to encourage or distract me. And lastly, my friend Sara- she understands my struggles and is a great listener. And she loaned me her fancy nutrition plan (which I will start once I figure it out!)

So now that you have met my team I would like to publicly thank them for their wonderfulness!!! I can't fix a lifetime of bad habits all by myself. I am usually a "I can do it on my own" kind of girl. So I think that maybe God is teaching me to open up and to fellowship (not my strong point) and to lay my burdens at His feet. So though this is a physical journey it is also a spiritual journey. A journey which I am glad to go on.

My husband, Kevin, dragged my lazy butt off the couch today and sent me to the gym. I am so glad that he did! I really didn't want to go but once I was there I felt so good about myself. I did ten minutes on the elliptical- pathetic, I know, but it is really hard! Then I did a half an hour on the bike and then did some upper body weights.

I was glad to exercise. I didn't realize how much my body missed moving around! It felt great! I would have liked to work out for hours but my sad, out of shape body was not up for that. In fact, to get through what I did do was painful. I had to pray my way through a good portion of my cardio. God helped me keep going. He gave me inspiration and desire. With those planted in my heart I was able to finish my workout and feel so great about myself!!

Now, as I head into tomorrow my goal is to keep up this momentum. I am going to eat well and go to the gym again.

1 comment:

  1. Hey 10 mins on the elliptical IS hard. So kudos for you for doing that and then some!

    ReplyDelete